Would you like to straighten your teeth but aren’t sure whether traditional dental orthodontic treatments are right for you? Invisalign® treatment in the care of Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo and his team at We Smile Dentistry in London, Ontario, could be an ideal solution.
How clear aligners work
Invisalign® is a way to straighten teeth without braces. You begin with an unhurried consultation to assess your oral health and determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign®. Proprietary computer software transforms impressions of your mouth into a virtual treatment plan. You see how your smile will be affected by Invisalign® before committing.
Then, a series of clear plastic aligners are precision fabricated with a 3D printing process. Simply wear the aligners in the prescribed order, advancing to the next set about every two weeks.
Why patients choose Invisalign® treatment
- Nearly invisible – Most people will not realize you are wearing aligners.
- Comfortable – The plastic is smooth, with no sharp parts to irritate soft tissues in the mouth, and no wire tightening.
- Removable – Aligners come out, so there are no diet restrictions. Plus, you brush and floss normally.
- Efficient – With good compliance (conscientiously wearing aligners at least 20 hours each day), treatment can often be completed in a year.
- Convenient – Recheck appointments are quick.
- Effective – When Invisalign® was initially introduced in 1999, it was considered most appropriate for cosmetic straightening. The technology has evolved tremendously. Today, Invisalign® can be an option for complex cases, even bite issues.
- (Nearly) instant gratification – Since aligners are clear, you get to enjoy smile improvement in “real-time,” instead of waiting for the big reveal when braces come off.
Conventional orthodontic treatment, too
Invisalign® is great, but it is not the right option for every patient. You can count on the We Smile Dentistry team to guide you toward treatment that best suits your needs. We also offer traditional bracket and wire orthodontics. This can be a good choice for complicated bite issues, a young patient whose mouth is still developing, or a teen who might lose aligners or not wear them dependably.
Affordable orthodontics starts with a call to We Smile Dentistry in London, ON – (226) 605-0042. We accept cash, debit, and credit card payment and are happy to submit insurance claims on your behalf for reimbursement of covered costs.