Your child’s wellbeing means everything to you. As parents, we understand, and we can help with a gentle style of pediatric dentistry. London, Ontario parents like you trust our children’s dental clinic to guide their kids in developing a positive attitude toward dental care that carries on throughout life, for a vibrant smile, a healthy mouth, and improved overall wellness.
Job #1 – prevent cavities
Tooth decay is extremely prevalent in Canadian children. Nearly 60 percent of kids under age 19 have at least one cavity (2.5 cavities on average). The good news is that most cavities can be prevented with teamwork:
- Regular professional cleaning and examination appointments at We Smile Dentistry ideally begin when the first tooth erupts or by your baby’s first birthday (although it is never too late to schedule a first dental visit). Your child gets to know our kid-friendly dentist, Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo, and his team. The sights and sounds of a dental office, and the sensation of fingers and instruments in the mouth, become routine. With a light touch, the hygienist removes plaque and hardened tartar – primary factors in the development of tooth decay and gum disease. The doctor examines teeth thoroughly and evaluates oral development.
- Dental education is a big part of checkups. We talk with parents about baby bottle tooth decay, thumb sucking, and pacifiers. The patient also gets personalized information about how nutrition affects teeth and guidance in brushing and flossing.
- Fluoride treatment in fun flavours enjoyed by kids strengthens enamel to stop tooth decay.
- Dental sealants reduce the risk of cavities in molars by up to 80 percent. This quick, painless safeguard lasts several years.
- Home hygiene is essential. Ensuring your child brushes at least twice a day and flosses nightly builds healthy lifetime habits.
Other pediatric dentistry services in London, ON
With an early program of kid’s dental care, your child may grow into a cavity-free smile. However, we also provide tooth-coloured fillings for kids and other restorative treatments such as inlays, onlays, and crowns to repair a damaged tooth. If your child needs braces, orthodontic treatment can also be done right here at We Smile Dentistry.
Let’s work together to help your child have the healthiest smile and body possible. Call (226) 605-0042 to schedule a pediatric dentistry appointment at our London, ON office.