Invisalign, available at We Smile Dentistry in London ON, is well known as the beautiful way to straighten teeth. With no unsightly metal brackets or wires, these clear dental aligners allow the beauty of your smile to shine through. However, there is a common misconception that Invisalign is for minor corrections only. In truth, Invisalign is a powerful orthodontic solution, capable of correcting many common concerns. Invisalign is known as the pioneers and leaders of clear aligner technology.
What Invisalign can do for you
Treatable cases include:
- Crowding – Sometimes there simply is not enough room in a person’s mouth to accommodate all of his or her teeth. As a result, they might overlap or rotate, and they are sometimes pushed forward or back. Crowding creates tight spaces where it can be difficult or impossible to clean with a toothbrush or floss.
- Gaps – This is the opposite of crowding. Instead, teeth are spaced too far apart. These gaps encourage pockets between gums and teeth, allowing food debris and plaque to accumulate.
- Open bite – When the mouth is completely closed, the lower and upper front teeth do not touch each other. This can make chewing difficult.
- Crossbite – When the mouth is closed, some of the lower teeth are outside of the upper ones. This can cause premature wear and tear on teeth, as well as damage such as chips or fractures. It can also lead to gum recession.
- Underbite – The lower jaw protrudes too far. This causes the lower front teeth to extend beyond the upper front teeth. It can interfere with clear speech, make chewing difficult, and cause teeth to wear down.
- Overbite – The upper front teeth extend too far past the lower front teeth. This is an extremely common orthodontic issue, and most people have a very, very mild overbite. However, an overbite of more than 25 percent can cause tooth damage and jaw pain.
- General misalignment – Not all orthodontic problems are severe. Maybe your teeth are just a tiny bit crooked, unevenly spaced, or otherwise less than ideal. Even if the problem is minor enough that it doesn’t pose a serious oral health risk, it can be a major cosmetic concern if you don’t love what you see in the mirror.
Who is a good candidate?
If you’re wondering whether your orthodontic problems are too severe for Invisalign, the answer is probably, “no.” These clear aligners use a patented material called SmartTrack, which improves both comfort and precision of tooth movement. Additionally, in difficult cases SmartForce® attachments may be added. The tiny, tooth-colored attachments are bonded to teeth, giving the aligners a better grip and more control over movements.
Invisalign is powerful and precise, but so is traditional orthodontic treatment. Often, clear aligners or standard braces are appropriate, and the choice is a matter of patient preference. However, some orthodontic cases lend themselves to one type of treatment. This depends on individual factors, such as your oral health, habits, and specific details of your orthodontic issues. Dr. Spagnuolo makes recommendations on a case-by-case basis, after a thorough evaluation and discussion.
On your mobile device go to https://providerbio.invisalign.com/sv/gspagnuo for Invisalign’s Smile View Simulator. See what your new smile will look like now.Back to Orthodontics Invisalign Page