You cannot help noticing a gap in the smile when you meet someone or see a photograph. Is that someone you? We Smile Dentistry has a long-term solution for patients in the London, ON area – dental implants.
When most people consider a missing tooth, they envision replacing the crown (exactly what a bridge or denture accomplishes). While the visible portion is important, there is more to the tooth than what you see. In a symbiotic relationship, the tooth root extends into jawbone, as a foundation for the crown. The root also helps to preserve strong bone, contributing to attractive facial structure. A dental implant replicates these functions.
An implant is a screw-shaped cylinder. In a brief and well-planned oral surgery, a small opening is created, and the implant is precisely positioned in jawbone. Because the implant is made of a biocompatible material, bones fuses with it in a process called osseointegration. The implant is then finished with a porcelain crown or other dental restoration.
Dental implants have big benefits for London, ON patients
Natural appearance – No one but your dentist will know which tooth is the implant
- Fully functional – It performs just like your own teeth for chewing and speaking
- Comfort – The implant restoration feels normal in the mouth
- Easy care – Just brush and floss as usual and be sure to maintain regular checkups at We Smile Dentistry
- Promotes oral health – Missing teeth allow remaining ones to shift. Oral hygiene becomes more challenging, since crooked teeth have crevices that trap food particles and harbor harmful bacteria
- Conservative – Dental implants do not rely on adjacent teeth for support. There is no grinding down healthy tooth structure for crowns, and no strain or wear on existing teeth
- Durable – With good dental care, the longevity of a dental implant can equal that of your natural teeth.
- Versatile – We Smile Dentistry also provides mini-implants which can, in some cases, be an alternative to traditional implants.
- Convenience – Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo performs all phases of the dental implant process on site.
Call (226) 605-0042 to schedule a consultation at our London, ON office to find out if dental implants are right for your needs.