You cannot help noticing a gap in the smile when you meet someone or see a photograph. Is that someone you? We Smile Dentistry has a long-term solution for patients in the London, ON area – dental implants.
When most people consider a missing tooth, they envision replacing the crown (exactly what a bridge or denture accomplishes). While the visible portion is important, there is more to the tooth than what you see. In a symbiotic relationship, the tooth root extends into jawbone, as a foundation for the crown. The root also helps to preserve strong bone, contributing to attractive facial structure. A dental implant replicates these functions.
An implant is a screw-shaped cylinder. In a brief and well-planned oral surgery, a small opening is created, and the implant is precisely positioned in jawbone. Because the implant is made of a biocompatible material, bones fuses with it in a process called osseointegration. The implant is then finished with a porcelain crown or other dental restoration.
Dental implants are titanium roots that are replaced within the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted into the gums and into the jaw bone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns dentures and bridges – todays treatments are so natural looking no one will know you have had surgery. There is approximately 95 percent success rate for all implants. With modern advancement in dentistry some implants can be restored almost immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
Dental implants have big benefits for London, ON patients
Natural appearance – No one but your dentist will know which tooth is the implant
- Fully functional – It performs just like your own teeth for chewing and speaking
- Comfort – The implant restoration feels normal in the mouth
- Easy care – Just brush and floss as usual and be sure to maintain regular checkups at We Smile Dentistry
- Promotes oral health – Missing teeth allow remaining ones to shift. Oral hygiene becomes more challenging, since crooked teeth have crevices that trap food particles and harbor harmful bacteria
- Conservative – Dental implants do not rely on adjacent teeth for support. There is no grinding down healthy tooth structure for crowns, and no strain or wear on existing teeth
- Durable – With good dental care, the longevity of a dental implant can equal that of your natural teeth.
- Versatile – We Smile Dentistry also provides mini-implants which can, in some cases, be an alternative to traditional implants.
- Convenience – Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo performs all phases of the dental implant process on site.
Call (226) 605-0042 to schedule a consultation at our London, ON office to find out if dental implants are right for your needs.