Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo and the team at We Smile Dentistry in London, ON, get excited about new dental technology. That enthusiasm goes far beyond the thrill of seeing a shiny piece of equipment installed or learning new skills. Digital dentistry helps us deliver better care to our patients – more comfortable and efficient treatment with high quality results that last.
Some of the dental technology in London, ON
We utilize leading edge equipment for diagnosis, and treatment:
- Oral cancer screening – Early detection dramatically improves prognosis for oral cancers. VELsope illuminates potentially abnormal tissues on gums, tongue, cheeks, and lips before they are otherwise visible to the dentist. Screening is painless and adds only a few minutes to a routine checkup.
- Digital radiography – Low radiation digital X-rays give the dental team insight into teeth, bone, and other tissues. These high-resolution images are vital to diagnosing problems and planning treatment. Pictures are ready instantly, so you spend less time in the chair. You and Dr. Spagnuolo can view X-rays together, and the electronic files are easy to share with your other healthcare providers or insurance company.
- Laser cavity detection – This system lights up cavities that are too small for visual detection or are in hidden areas. The sooner tooth decay is discovered and treated, the more healthy tooth structure we can preserve.
- Intraoral camera – This small device, about the size of a pen, gives a panoramic view of what is going on inside your mouth.
- Laser dentistry – Imagine having a soft tissue procedure such as treatment for gum disease performed with little or no pain, bleeding, or swelling. Soft tissue lasers are less invasive and automatically seal blood vessels. Laser energy disinfects the treatment area, for speedier healing.
- Air abrasion – Do you dread the sound, vibration, and frictional heat of drilling? Air abrasion eliminates that anxiety. Hard tissues are precisely prepared for restorations using a fine stream of air and particles.
- CAD/CAM dentistry – With CEREC one-visit crowns, you won’t need a temporary restoration or a follow-up appointment. These strong, lustrous porcelain restorations are made while you wait.
- iTero Element 5D – This cutting-edge visual technology facilitates a new dimension in dental care with just one scan. It’s the first integrated dental imaging system that simultaneously records 3D, intraoral color, and near-infrared images. With iTero TimeLapse technology also enabling comparisons, it boosts diagnostic, restorative, and orthodontic workflows.
Are you ready to benefit from modern dental technology, for a healthy, bright smile? Call We Smile Dentistry in London, ON at (226) 605-0042 to become Dr. Spagnuolo’s newest patient.