Why Restorative Dental Care procedures are important
We Smile Dentistry is among the top dentists in London, Ontario, offering the finest in restorative dental care in London and surrounding neighbourhoods.
Dr. Giulio Spagnuolo and the We Smile Dentistry team are ready to help create your perfect smile with an array of corrective dentistry options.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
Restorative dental care refers to the process of replacing damaged or missing teeth with the ultimate objective of restoring one’s smile. It also prevents oral health problems from happening in the future. There are various ways to fix a smile, which typically includes one (or a combination) of the following restorative dental care options –
- A Filling – is when artificial materials replace portions of teeth lost due to decay or trauma.
- A Crown – is an artificial tooth-shaped cap that is cemented over the natural tooth.
- A Bridge – is a set of artificial teeth designed to fill in a gap between missing teeth.
- Dental Implants – replaces missing teeth by implanting a titanium anchor into the jawbone. In several months, the jawbone fuses with the anchor. At that point, a unique crown is fixed to the anchor, which ultimately performs the function of a natural tooth.
Why Restorative Dentistry Procedures are Important
- Filling in gaps between teeth helps keep teeth properly aligned.
- Replacing missing teeth makes it easier for individuals to maintain proper oral care, as it helps prevent the buildup of plaque and problems caused by plaque.
- Missing teeth impacts one’s appearance, and ultimately, one’s self-esteem and how one interacts with the world.
Caring for your Restorative Dentistry Procedures
- Brush your teeth twice a day; consider an electric toothbrush to help remove plaque more effectively.
- Floss each day around teeth, crowns, bridges, and dental implants.
- Avoid sticky/hard foods which may damage the restorations done.
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash which helps to fight plaque bacteria.
Call Your Restorative Dentistry Care Professionals in London, ON, today
Teeth are designed to last your lifetime, but they’re not indestructible and require care. To speak with our dental professionals or to set an appointment, please call We Smile Dentistry at (226) 605-0042 (new patients call ((226) 605-0042).
Back to Restorative Dentistry Page