We make beautiful, long-lasting dental crowns in just one appointment with computer-aided CEREC dentistry
The crown is the white part of each tooth visible above the gumline when we smile. When a natural crown is compromised due to dental decay or other injuries, We Smile Dentistry can build you a new one! Furthermore, our team in London, Ontario, rebuilds the damaged tooth and restores its structure, function, and appearance in just one visit with computer-aided CEREC dentistry.
Brush up on the basics about CEREC
CEREC stands for:
- Restoration of
CEREC uses Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) principles to create crowns from start to finish while you wait (in one appointment)
Conventionally, crowns have been made in at least two visits. The damaged tissue is removed from the natural tooth during the first visit. The tooth is shaped, and information is collected about it, which is then sent to an outside dental lab. The lab uses this info to guide the fabrication of the new crown. This process typically takes at least two weeks. In the meantime, while the crown is being made, a temporary crown is applied to protect the treatment site.
At We Smile Dentistry, we do things differently. Dr. Spagnuolo has brought all aspects and capabilities associated with the process in-house. In doing so, he has eliminated the need for a dental lab. Our team does everything on-site. This approach offers many benefits, including:
- The ultimate in Quality Control – Our practice prepares, designs, fabricates, and secures the crown. We can also refine or even re-make the crown in a matter of minutes
- Utmost convenience – There is no need for a return trip! We place the permanent crown in one appointment
- A low-maintenance process – Since you get the permanent crown on the same-day, during the same visit as the preparation of the damaged tooth, there is no need for a temporary one. Temporaries are more fragile than permanent crowns. So, they tend to break. Traditionally, that meant yet another trip back to the dentist’s office to replace the temporary and ensure the tooth doesn’t become reinfected or vulnerable to further damage
- Money- and time-saving – We save you the costs and hassle associated with travel to and from our office for multiple appointments. This feature also minimizes the need to request more time off of work for treatment
- Durable, high-performance, and highly aesthetic restorative care – CEREC crowns are milled from the highest quality block of dental ceramic (zirconia). So, you get a tooth structure that looks, feels, and functions like the “real deal,” a natural and healthy tooth
Dr. Spagnuolo encourages you to contact our office before you suspect a tooth problem whenever possible. We may be able to keep your mouth trouble-free and avoid the need for such restorative dentistry in the first place. Call (226) 605-0042 to schedule your appointment.
Back to Restorative Dentistry Page